This guide shows you how to configure an AVM Fritzbox router / firewall as a border device with ECLOUD. This document is based on a FritzBox 7490 running firmware FRITZ!OS 06.83. Please note that we cannot assist you in the configuration of your firewall.
Step 1: Configure Port Forwarding (NAT)
This example shows the port forwarding configuration for port “5062” with a ECLOUD PBX system on IP 192.168.188.20:
- Open the Fritz!Box Web Interface.
- From the navigation menu on the left, go to “Internet” > “Permit Access”.
- In the “Port Sharing” tab, press “Add Device for Sharing”.
- Here fill in the following fields:
- Set the “Device” option “Enter the IP address manually”, then enter the LAN IP address of your ECLOUD Server.
- Uncheck option “Permit independent port sharing for this device”.
- To add the ports that you want to forward, press the “New Sharing” button. Repeat this step for each of the following protocols:
- HTTP (TCP )
- HTTPs (TCP)
- SIP (TCP/UDP)
- SECURE SIP (TCP)
- RTP (UDP)
- TUNNEL (TCP/UDP)
Note 1: For an always up to date list of the ports that need to be open check here.
Note 2: Some Fritz!Box devices don’t allow to enter large port ranges, so you might have to break the RTP port range into smaller ranges.
Note 3: The Secure SIP port is always one port number higher than the SIP port you configured during the installation.
- Click “Apply” to save the configuration.
Step 2: Validating Your Setup
Log into the ECLOUD Management Console, go to “Dashboard” > “Firewall” and run the Firewall Checker to validate if your firewall is correctly configured for use with ECLOUD.